Anyone outside the fire district please visit BCWildfire for information regarding fire restrictions!
Effective at noon on Wednesday, Oct. 15, open fires will once again be permitted in all fire zones within the Kamloops Fire Centre, due to a decreased risk of wildfires.
Members of the public will be allowed to:
* Burn waste, slash or other material.
* Burn stubble or grass.
* Use fireworks or burning barrels.
You still require a burn permit which can be acquired at the District Of Barriere town hall or contact us by clicking HERE.
Open Fire Bans
This prohibition will remain in place in the Kamloops, Vernon, Penticton, Merritt and Lillooet fire zones until Oct. 15, 2014, or until the public is informed otherwise (This applies to the Barriere Fire Protection District).
Specifically, this open fire prohibition applies to:
– The burning of any waste, slash or other materials.
– The burning of stubble or grass.
– The use of fireworks, sky lanterns or burning barrels of any size or description.
No unattended campfires allowed. Campfires no larger than 0.5 meter by 0.5 meter in size allowed, if 8 gallons of water and a shovel or rake are present.